04 February 2016

Okra On Dry 4c Hair



I tried okra out as a conditioner. You can use it to deep condition then wash it out or use it as a leave in conditioner or as a hair gel. I think it would work well as a daily moisturizer.

One of my main problems with my hair is that it cannot retain moisture at all. Even if I condition with a store bought conditioner it feels crunchy and dry even after oiling. But days after having washed out the okra and oiling it is  still moisturised and doesn't feel crunchy and a lot of it isn't breaking off.

I sliced the okra into rings covered it with water and boiled it. I strained it and put the "slime" in my hair. I didn't mix the okra with anything else. I put on plastic shower cap and a beanie on top. Spent a few hours then removed the shower cap and beanie. I let my hair air dry. I washed out the okra after two days. Days later it still feels good.

There was no smell. My hair wasn't sticky or tacky or flaky after the okra dried.

I hope to do the okra once a week.

 wikipedia - OKRA




No comments:

Post a Comment