17 March 2016

Dealing With A Natural 4c Hair Baby/Toddler



  

It can be a bit challenging dealing with a tiny person who does not want to and does not care about hair. Getting them to sit still is a battle. It takes a lot of patience! Sometimes we have two hairstyles or half a hairstyle. 

Don't force them. Don't make her/him hate their hair or getting their hair done. If she gets too fussy and clearly doesn't want to sit still, just let them go. Try doing simple hairstyles that don't take too long. Or do their hair whilst they are sleeping. My toddler won’t sit still, sleeping doesn’t help, she turns over or wakes up, TV doesn’t help... Some kids are more patient and just sit through it...

To deep condition her hair I:
Monday
-
wash and section, braids or hair bands.
Tuesday morning
-
use spray bottle to get her hair wet and I put in the conditioner
Tuesday mid-morning
-
I wash her hair and then use the LOC/”LCO” method.

Make sure their hair is damp when you handle it. Try to finger detangle and minimise comb usage.

I use the same products on my hair I use on hers/theirs. She is two now.


















No comments:

Post a Comment