09 July 2014

Things I Did Not Know About Babies

These are some of the things about babies that caught me off guard:
  • Farting
  • Cradle Cap
  • Their Nails
  • Body Hair
Other things weren't such a shock as I had read about them on-line. For a more detailed account of my little surprises -


Farting
Yes they are human and have all the necessary parts to toot but it still caught me off guard. A tiny newborn is gassy but it is odorless, then one day BOOM it stinks. I mean it really really reeks. Perhaps its their little tummies adjusting. Then you ask how can such a cute little thing be so stinky? Fortunately they ball aren't gaggers and they stink for short periods then back to normal.


Cradle Cap
This bothered me at first, as I did not know how to handle it. I found a pretty good solution HERE. My little bun.
had a FULL and head of hair at birth. Her hair is 4c as well with a tight coil so for those who have or have dealt with this hair texture I'm sure you can imagineI did find a solution that works for me though its not a one time fix it. As its hormonal the cradle cap will return but fortunately you can remove it easily. 
My bun had the cradle cap on her head, forehead and ears.



Baby Nails
These grow really fast.  So you have to keep an eye on them and deal with them regularly.


Body Hair
Apparently babies can be born with a lot of body hair. My bun had a lot of hair on her back and forehead. Might be part of why she had a full head of thick hair at birth?

I'm sure you had a few surprises of your own, let us know.
And here are some sites which I found to be very helpful, they are full of advice from other mom who have gone through it and are going through it:

BabyCenter     KidsHealth     Parents




No comments:

Post a Comment