02 August 2014

Cradle Cap Remedy For Baby With 4c Or Tightly Coiled Hair

Cradle cap drove me crazy for a while. To the point where I had decided to let it be and just leave the baby like that as it does not hurt the baby. But it can turn into big scales which quite frankly are hard to look at.

Chances are it probably bothers you more than other people considering not a single person said a thing about it, and people had a lot of "advice".

I tried the oiling and gently brushing thing but it did not work for us. My bun was born with a full head of coiled hair, this hair is 4c - The Buns Hair. Black babies seem to be born with straight hair? I don't have much experience with this as I have seen very few newborns and most of them are always bundled up and wearing a hat. But the ones whose heads I saw had straight hair.

The using a toothbrush or baby brush obviously did not work us because her hair was coiled from the get go.

This is what worked for  us:


I use Johnson & Johnson products on
the bun. And the tail comb above helps me lift the cradle cap flakes up and out. After washing i use natural coconut oil on her hair and scalp. It helps with cradle cap and moisturizes the hair.

For the cradle cap on the buns eyebrows and forehead and ears I just applied good old Vaseline several times a day and its controlled. The Vaseline does not stop it but keeps it at bay. I use this same Vaseline on her body and face. Vaseline is also great as a barrier against moisture on skin which can lead to diaper-rash every time you change the babies diaper.

And as for the cradle cap on her face I do not use any soap on her face. She is six months old and no soap on her face. For her body we use Johnson & Johnson soaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment